2023-11-22

For the Birds.

I start off Week 3 of GOvember with another viewing of Marvels. (I like it that much.)


While there, I picked up some deluxe popcorn. You get to keep the bag.

 

You also receive a micro-poster on an easel.


Pretty cool, but not worth the price so I shan't be collecting any more of these.

Dreadfully low on groceries, I popped into the supermarket and I happened to espy this tote bag for twenty bucks AND you get two free six-packs of beer as a bonus!


This evening has been spent watching Giant Bird movies, starting with The Giant Claw (1957)!


Although one of the goofiest looking avian creatures out there, the movie itself is a pretty good sci-fi flick.

From the same year (US release) but on this side of the pond, we get Rodan. Okay, not technically a bird since in Japanese it's called ラドン Radon, a truncated version of pteranodon. Still one of the best Kaiju movies out there with a truly sad ending. 


Here are several of my mini Radon.







The last Big Bird movie I watched was NOT this one.


It was Q: the Winged Serpent. David Carradine is great as the detective, Candy Clark is lovely as the girlfriend who can take a punch, and Michael Moriarty is sleazy, sympathetic and pathetic as the gangland flunky.


Once again, not technically a bird. Oh well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails