2022-10-05

Go Soak Your Head!

A few weeks ago, I was driving around looking for an onsen to soak in and decided to check out the Yakurai Garden in Kami, Miyagi. I'd seen an ad for pumpkins so Woohoo I'm all in. 


Unfortunately, ALL the pumpkin displays are made of plastic or paper mache. So although they are very cute, I couldn't justify spending ten bucks to walk around a garden just to look at some phony gourds.





The restaurant was suitably decorated for the season, but there wasn't even anything kitschy worth buying.



It IS a very lovely garden though, so check the link at the top if you're into that sort of thing.


On the way there, I saw a billboard with a sexy Kappa bathing on it and I just had to check it out.



Sure enough, this public bath had its fair share of Kappa but this sexy one was nowhere to be found.





A nice place for a soak but it didn't fulfil my expectations. Perhaps one of these other Kappa Onsen locations will.



The nice thing about the hospital in which I lamented for a few weeks is its proximity to Ikea. I popped in there for some Veggie meatballs and they just happened to have some dessert items that piqued my interest.



Starting tomorrow, I have a week off for an Autumn break. Once I return, I'll have to break out these masks to frighten the little waifs. That week will give me plenty of time to check out other bloggers, such as The Grim Gallery. I haven't visited there since last year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails