2022-10-01

The Truth Is In Here!

 I was undecided with what Countdown to Halloween entry I'd begin, until I saw the season finale of Resident Alien and my mind was made up. Late last November (yes, it has been a while since I've blogged regularly), I was kidnaped by my friend and driven off to a mystery location in Fukushima. Sure enough, the mystery was solved and I found myself at the Iino UFO Museum. So let's harken back and pay a visit to the UFO no Sato (UFO Village) and take a look at some of the exhibits on display. (Click either link for some deets.)


Like a big dummy, I had forgotten my phone, so I had to depend on my kidnaper for photos. Fortunately, he's a far superior photographer than I so these pics turned out great! 


Here is a blurb that Google has translated for me to describe it.

The Iinomachi district, located in the north of Nakadori in Fukushima Prefecture, southwest of Fukushima City, the prefectural capital, is widely known as the village of UFOs.
 Since ancient times, many sightings of luminous objects have been seen around Senganmori, which is located in the northern part of the Iinomachi district. In addition, Senganmori itself is a mountain full of mysteries, and it is known that there are many Mystery Zones around it.
 The UFO Fureaikan opened in 1992 as a facility that collects and exhibits such mysterious research materials and materials related to UFOs and other mysteries.
 After that, the surrounding environment such as the panorama cafeteria (UFO product hall) and UFO plaza were improved, and together with the ancient Kote Shrine and the mysterious megaliths, it formed a great mystery experience zone.

As one enters, one is greeted by a friendly Alien. Those are the best kind.



They have a display of classified CIA documents though they're under glass so you can't declassify them.



Several Aliens are standing by for photo ops. My clone and I posed for this.

A few other Aliens...





My abductor.


Here's a classification of the various Aliens one might encounter (stay away from the Greys, they are nasty.)


I would not be surprised to find out that this guy is the inspiration for Harry and his ilk on Resident Alien.



There's a 3D Theatre screening the "Mystery of the Senganmori" albeit in Japanese. Outside the facility is a trail one can follow to investigate the Senganmori phenomena for yourself.


Beware of vipers!

Proof that it was indeed mid-Autumn.




Nice view!



The trail may have gone further, though we stopped here.

Onwards to the Shrine.



Inside the restaurant/ gift shop were a couple of cute sculptures.


I bought a Clear File (of course). 


I also bought a little badge of Komora, a Kaiju-esque visitor from another world.

And I also snagged this little guy who I have hanging from my bedroom light so I can find my way in the dark.



All in all, a nice little museum with shockingly very little X-Files or Sci-Fi influence within.


I plan to add some LootCrate goodies, and garments to my daily Countdown haul, here are some recent X-Files loot. Both of these are Notebooks.



I wrote about this card game a few years back, be sure to click the label X-Files to find it.

One of the few X-Files figures I have. I think I have Scully on an examination table somewhere.



Though it has a greenish hue, that dude looks like one of the evil Greys. Check out this sneak peek at Season 3 of Resident Alien.


As soon as I can figure out how to add a gadget to by blog showcasing this year's Countdown, you are but a click away from the rest of the Countdown bloggers. Meanwhile use this. Since it's kind of related to the above check out Shades of Gray for some cool Black and White pics.

I'll leave you with a look at the t-shirt that I've worn today. 


Hopefully tomorrow will get a little spookier. Though there is nothing creepier than an anal probe!

4 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Some cute little aliens there! We need more UFO themed attractions in Scotland so I can go visit those! 😄

Michael Jones said...

I agree. I have a cute pic of Nessie for later this month.

Erick said...

I love that Darkman shirt! Happy Countdown!

Michael Jones said...

Tis indeed a great shirt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails