2022-10-30

Yam o' Lantern.

I had a party for the kiddies today and though there wasn't a great variety in costumes, they were adorable. In the second session, there were SEVEN Kikis and only a few carried Jiji as an accessory. Here is the staff in fancy dress.

Ghost.


Cookie Monster


Witch (The bat around her neck is homemade!)


Jack o' Lantern


Elvis


A cat.


And Remy. Though she was sick of my innumerable puns throughout the day, she introduced herself with the term, "Itadakimouse". 

And of course Batman in pjs.


In a rare crossover between DC and Marvel, Spidey had a tussle with the Dark Knight.






It ended in a draw.

This afternoon, I took the time to make a Lantern out of a vegetable, and since pumpkins are too expensive, I chose a Satsumaimo, more specifically a Murasaki-imo


Man, that thing was tough to carve. Here's the result.


And here are the guts. I boiled and mashed them and though not delicious were palatable.


https://youtube.com/shorts/EydF5O_9QwA?feature=share

Forgive me, I don't have time to figure out how to properly share it (YouTube in its infinite wisdom doesn't offer embed as an option for Shorts). Cut and past the above or try this: Yam.

I'm off to a party hosted by some Irish-loving singers, so...
I gotta go!


2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Loving the costumes…and the yam!

Michael Jones said...

It's nice to see costumes that are amateurish instead of people who pay big bucks to dress up.
Were you able to view the video of the Yam?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails