2022-10-14

Aka Beko-ning

I had forgotten that I showed off a few aka-beko (red cow) last year, but now I've gathered a bunch more plus some kids at my schools have been collecting them for their teachers. The first time I encountered the sacred Red Cow was way back in 2007 when I thought it was a dog, not a cow. You can read that tale here. For those too lazy to click, this is an aka-beko from that trip.

I've been back to that area, Aizu-Wakamatsu, a few times and it is the annual sojourn destination of our Grade 6 kids. Enough background, here are the Cows, cosplaying as historical figures. I like to think these cows donning costumes and going Trick or Treating.

Dragon-beko


Centaur-beko


Shisa-beko


Clear Cerberus-beko


Dancing Lion-beko (?)


Human-Fish-beko (Mermaid-beko)



As you can see, I'm missing a secret one. I'll have to see if a teacher tomorrow can enlighten me.

Another series follows. I only have two out six, the Minotaur-beko


and Pegasus-beko or Bekosus!



I'm missing the Cerberus, Unicorn, Chimera and secret ones.

This next set is "Divine Beasts". If you click here, there's an explanation of each in Japanese or English if you have Google Translate working. 

The Nine-tailed Fox-beko


Kirin-beko


Genbu-beko (?)


Houou-beko or Phoenix


I'm missing the blue Cerberus and the secret which is a Nine-headed Cerberus from the looks of it.


Finally, I have this which looks like Pablo Picasso with a fish on his back.



I can only find one (don't judge me!), but I bought these socks in Aizu a few years ago.


Doh, another series!


Time for bed...
More Countdown goodies tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails