2022-10-12

New Groom

ぬいぐるみ (Nuigurumi, New Groom is how I remember it) is Japanese for stuffed toy and yesterday I got so caught up in going through my plush items, that I ran out of time to do a Countdown to Halloween blog entry. Since I was sifting three boxes worth of stuffed stuff, I figured I might as well photograph them. I plan to give a large portion of them away to the graduating Grade Sixes next spring. I'll start with the more Halloween oriented ones first just so I don't lose the interest of the Countdown crowd. Faithful viewers of this here bloggy thing of mine may have seen some before and if I've missed a few, you can always hit the label "stuffed" to catch up.

First up, Hello Kitty as famous monsters.


Kitty-chan has also cosplayed as various Evangelion gals and I think those others are Tiger/Bunny. The skeleton belongs in the above picture.


Speaking of cats, I believe those are Nyanpires above and Angry & Hangry below.



In addition to cats, we have Gloomy bears as well.


Here's a dubbed Gloomy at snacktime.


Some cosplaying Warner's characters.


And some of their cartoon colleagues.


Pixar pals and a few Disney friends.






And enemies...


And I'm not sure how to identify these.


or these.


And a few Illumination characters.


Gachapin and Mukku mesh with the Gegege Gang.



More Gloomy, this time as a ghost and an Oni


And...Best...Ever...
as Ghiddorah and Godzilla!!


Speaking of Kaiju, a few of the Ultraman foes.


The Little Prince...


Many characters from Mary and the Witch's Flower.

 


It's the Genie, Akubi-Musume.

 


A few Migi. I'm pretty sure I have more of these somewhere.


A few friends from Adventure Time.


A beer swilling Poochie-esque dog and a couple of maids.


Finally, I really like these Amabie, a Yokai-bird used to spread the word about Covid.


Now you can see why it took me so long to go through these. 95% of them were caught in the UFO Catcher game machines, so there's a lot of coins spent there.

I was trying to quickly find a fellow blogger with stuffed stuff, Nope. Try this guy for Action Figures or make your own Crafts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails