2022-10-20

O-nifty.

A few weeks back I returned to the Oni Museum, just to see if they had any new displays. I first visited in 2015 and click that for a bunch of pics. I also visited there the following year. And again in 2017. It's been about four years since I last visited and that time I dragged a friend along to witness the museum's delights. Clicking any of those links will show off some cool masks and costumes of Oni, thus a few of the pics may be duplicated though with a superior camera.


I know I've snapped these before, though this time I used a vertical panorama mode on my phone


These look new, but probably aren't.






I can never resist snapping a pic of Krampus.


I can't recall what's going on here, but it bugs me. (I believe it's a carnival mask from Peru. But don't quote me.)


I'd be remiss if I didn't include some stabby hijinks.


In the lobby, they had several papercrafts that unfortunately weren't for sale.







There were some colouring pages you could scribble upon and I snagged a few. Feel free to print them off and have a go at them. The crossword puzzle may prove to be a tad difficult.







This time around, I bought a handkerchief of an Oni. Not as impressive as I thought once I got it out of its package yet still fairly neat.

Here's a T-shirt that I haven't yet worn and am considering selling or giving away as a birthday present. I'm sure given time Buffy and her slayerettes would have encountered an Oni in her travels.

I have just enough time to watch Stargirl before I go to bed. Hopefully Solomon Grundy will reappear, he'd make a good Oni.

If the paper crafts above piqued your interest, then The Paper Layer or Calling all Crafters may also be up your alley.

2 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

Wish I had an Oni museum near me! 😁 Some nice stuff there

Michael Jones said...

I've been there a half dozen times. If it were closer, I'd go annually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails