2021-04-05

Eggcelent!

Long time no see! 4 and a half months. Sheesh. 

Rather than get into a long diatribe as to what I've been up to and why I've been absent, I'll just leap in as though nothing has happened. We can squeeze in prior tidbits later.

So let's start with Happy Easter/Passover/Oestre/Bunny Day/ Egg Day, etc.


Oops, wrong icon. I spent today tidying and grabbed a bag of goodies from my overhead storage to see what I could throw out. Well, that bag contained some animals that I collected back when Furuta placed mini-models of creatures in their choco-eggs instead of Disney characters. Eggs...Easter...hey, a reason to start blogging again! Unfortunately, they aren't very well organized so I spent some time managing a menagerie. Here are some results.


This is one of those rare occasions when I almost completed a set. 21/24.


Whoa, I found the missing three in another bag including the missing antennae for the bug.


Other sets were not as complete. This has a wacky mix of animals. They may be part of a set, more research is in order.



Similarly with the sea creatures above and birds below. Not sure where they belong.


Hey, another full set! This time of some unopened bird nests.



These guys are what's left of another set, the seagull is the only one that is completely intact.


A near complete set of beasts from the Enoshima Aquarium. I also have plenty of doubles if anyone wants any.


What follows is two bags worth of body parts. Most are dinosaurs, I've extracted some mammals, birds, fish, and insects parts to try and piece together some actual non-extant species.


These Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures will have to wait until another day.


Yay, there's a giant Praying Mantis amongst my mess.


Finally, I found a single entry from one series. It's a Rothschild's Mynah perched upon an Oni mask. I love it!


That's it for today. I'm not sure when I'll get back to my menagerie, and the dinosaurs will take an entire day to repair. I feel like an archaeologist!

Hoppy Easter and enjoy your Peeps!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails