2023-07-08

Meet MY Beatles!

I literally stumbled over my albums the other day and thought I'd revisit them once again and figure out what to do with them. A few years ago, I scanned some records and just left it at that. Let's take a closer look at my Beatles and see what I have. I shan't include my White Album with the cool white vinyl because Alex borrowed it decades ago and I haven't seen it since. White Privilege, I guess. I'll start with Magical Mystery Tour because it's the coolest and has all kinds of extras. 


The front above and the back cover below.


An interior shot.


Within is a cool booklet with lots of pictures and various silly shenanigans.


There's a several page illustrated story as well. Some Beatlemaniac has kindly copied the entire thing and if you wish to browse it, click here.


The vinyl is in impeccable shape, it didn't get as much airplay back in Uni. The cover itself is a little ratty, maybe a 6/10.

Hey, there's a cool documentary on the making of the movie if you have an hour and a bit to kill.


The next album in my miniscule collection has an iconic cover featuring a plethora of celebrities, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band


The back cover has all the lyrics to all the tunes. Handy for those without a Karaoke machine.


Open it up and you get a nice head-spread of the fab four.


Do you want to hear Lennon and McCartney talk about each track? I've got you covered.


Let It Be said that Let It Be is a pretty good song and album. But compared to the other two, it's a fairly boring layout.



That's it! No bonus pics or booklets. Not even a screaming Yoko.

There is a movie and a documentary though, if you want to track them down.

 

The only other Beatles album I have here (I may have a few in Toronto at my friend's place) is The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl. (Not as good as Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl, but a good runner-up.)



The centerfold:


A trailer...


That's it for my Beatles. Not as dramatic as I thought it'd be and there's a good chance I may let them go to a good home, if I get a reasonable offer.
When I get around to it, I'll show off my other albums which I shall be selling. 

1 comment:

Greenhakka said...

Nice blog and it was exciting enough. My son bought Let it Be this month. His first record! I’ll ask him if he wants to make you an offer. Sgt Pepper might interest him 🌶️

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails