I had two weddings last Saturday atop Mount Yagiyama and since one was early morning and the other late afternoon, I killed some time at the local Yagiyama Zoological Park.
I started with some hippos, just to make me feel slim.
I could not get the rhino to look at me. How rude.
Success when I approached from a different angle.
A flamboyance of flamingos. (That's one very alliterative collective noun!)
Dagnabit, the video isn't embedding properly. Click here, that should work.
Poor Gerome is all caged up.
Yay, his buddy
Geoffrey is roaming free.
Some zebras too.
A rather snobbish elephant.
A rather poorly translated description. (It's a trunk, not a nose. Let's settle on proboscis.)
Nice asses' asses.
Doppelgängers! Can you figure out which one is me?
Hint, that last one is a De Brazza's monkey. Cercopithecus neglectus? No wonder he looks sad.
Here's a bit of trivia for ya. Sometimes capybara are
fish! (Click to learn why!)
I snapped several pics of various primates, but they're all caged and the photos didn't turn out so well. Here's a spider monkey. Hopefully you can view a short video of it
here.
Here are some pictures of macaque for you.
Here's another lovely translation for you and a brief
video of macaque.
A lion, a tiger and bears, oh my!
I shared these pictures of tanuki on a Yokai site and got tons of likes!
A bore boar!
These are black-tailed prairie dogs who have just come out of their burrow to feed. How do I know what kind of prairie dogs? Because one of my students gave a presentation on a newspaper article about them today in class! She was surprised to find I had
video evidence of her story.
I have several pictures of different raptors/ birds of prey but the didn't turn out so well. I can see why they are caged. They're located beside the prairie dogs!
A chimp, a camel and some lllamas.
I notice they keep the Canada Goose separated from the other waterfowl. I wonder why, these geese are so friendly.
That's it, I didn't have time to view the penguins or the reptile house, I had to get me to the church on time. I did get a few steps in that day.
Bonus bugs...I was early to my lesson today, so I wandered around this mini-put they have in Shichigahama and snapped a few creatures.
That's it for today. The Countdown to Halloween starts tomorrow. Still not too sure what I'm going to write about!
No comments:
Post a Comment