2020-06-28

Are You Ready to Rock?

After witnessing some skin-peeling by Namahage, it was a relief to trek to our next destination on the agenda. The elusive "Godzilla Rock"! (Note: not really elusive nor exclusive, there are two more in Japan.)


I cannot remember how long it took to get there, probably 30 minutes, seemed like 3 hours.




As we drove parallel to the ocean, I occasionally yelled out, "There's a Rock!" much to the chagrin of the driver. As soon as I got out of the car, any back pain I'd felt earlier had dissipated and I frolicked toward my goal. Oooh. So Rocky!




I managed to wend my way to the opposite side. Not as dramatic.


Ah, that's a little better.


Here I am about to be consumed by my GODzilla.


The perspective did not work out as well as hoped. But check out my cool Wonder Woman t-shirt!

Here are two shots taken by a photographer with a far better camera and much more patience than I.



Awesome! Now I only have two more GojiRocks to go. There's one in Suzu which I was hoping to go to before this one in Oga was discovered. There's another one in Hokkaido but I may have to wait a while before I get to go there.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails