2020-11-03

Cultural Ambassador.

I had the day off today due to "Culture Day" and what better way to spend it than to showcase Japan's most famous ambassador, Godzilla!


I grabbed a book off the shelf and this is a good one. It has the Manga adaptation of Gojira and a few other titbits between 1954-58. First up, here is the book jacket and some frontispieces. 








As you can see by the Table of Contents above, the movie adaptation is 124 pages. Therefore, I shall only show off the highlights of Gojira mostly doing destructive things.


His debut...


 

 




 


 

 





Uh oh, Dr. Serizawa hatches a plan.


 



Putting the Oxygen Destroyer to good use.




RIP!


I finally got some batteries for my new piggy bank. Let's try it out. 


I only had one Japanese coin so I had to resort to some Canadian quarters. I hope they don't give him indigestion. Speaking of Canada, a friend found a mask I might like and finally got a chance to pass it along. Looks like I'll be Canada's cultural ambassador from now on.


Happy Culture Day and Gojira Day!

2 comments:

Iris said...

Nice mask...I can see that you're Canadian at heart.

Michael Jones said...

I am indeed Canadian. I bleed maple syrup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails