2020-11-01

Little People in my Life.

Around 10 last night while finishing up my blog entry Friday's post (running late as usual), I was beginning to feel a tad blue because I was alone at home on Halloween. Then I got a call to go join some friends at the pub and leapt at the chance. 


I grabbed my new smock which unfortunately got a bit stained after slaughtering schoolkids all day on Friday and a quick mask and met my friends who normally perform at the Hap'penny Bridge on Halloween and St. Patrick's. (The main reason I didn't go there earlier is because I was told they wouldn't be playing that night. Much to my surprise, they were there in civilian garb.)

I did meet up with my pals who were in varied states of inebriation.

 

 

Fortunately my mask had a gap with which I could sip my G&T through a straw. 


I gave a few candies out to the handful of patrons (WE were the only ones dressed up) and they appreciated it and the pub owner gave me a present.


These Kitty candies were a hit.


So two hours at an uncrowded pub plus a few drinks and I cheered up immensely.

Today, I wanted to watch something as a tribute to Sean Connery so I viewed something I'd never seen before.
Sean and Janet Munro.


A spooked Albert Sharpe.


The king of the Little People, Jimmy O'Dea.


Now some of the scary bits...
First up, O'Gill's horse is a Pooka (also Púca or Phooka), a Celtic spectre that can either help or hinder a person. 



A Banshee showed up when his daughter was on her death's bed. 





When she was on her way out, Darby begged the Leprechaun to let him take her place and his wish was granted. A Death Coach was called by the Banshee to take him away.



It was driven by a headless Dullahan




This movie will now be on my St. Patrick's viewing list as well as Halloween.

Finally, here is the finale for my Shigeru Mizuki Yokai book. The gang all visit a marketplace.


The gang goes for a drive.


The gang participate in a wrestling match.


I'm going to try and track down these other books so I have some ammo for next year.


I'll wrap up this year's Countdown with a few odds and ends I've picked up over the last few weeks.


Who ya gonna call?



A new Cthulhu.



A Cerberus inspired Ako-beko and a Cycloptic Maneki-neko.




Finally, this cord strap sorter featuring Gegege no Kitaro's papa. See ya all next year...

1 comment:

Deadpan Flook said...

The Pappas and the Ghsotbusters toys have been added to my 'want' list!😊

Glad you had a happy Halloween!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails