2023-05-15

Happy Mosura Day!

Yeah, I've done the Mothra vs. Mother gag before, yet it never goes out of style in my mind. So here are a couple of pics of my stuffed Mothras.






This guy above is over 25 years old and was given to me by a neighbourhood Toy Store owner when I asked for some Kaiju goodies. He still does the roar and I uploaded a new YouTube Short which probably won't embed properly. So try this link. If not, here's a similar video from years gone by.

 

I'm not alone in this sentiment...

Here are some other Kaiju tidbits I've amassed of late.

My old Kong head has seen better days. It appears that the humidity has done a number on his leathery face and he almost made it to the trash. I'm going to keep him around a while longer though, we've been through too much together.

I recently bought a clear file of the latest SHIN team up. Feature Shin-Evangelion, Shin-Godzilla and Shin-Kamen Rider. It'd make quite the movie...


Well they have recently came out with some related snacks, a crispy senbei rice cracker with an accompanying glossy sticker. I've already received my first double.


Just for fun, here are a couple of Kaiju I scored around Christmas. I'd consider them infant versions so their moms are already in my collection.




The recently hatched eggshell diaper is a nice touch for Radon.

That's enough Kaiju-talk, here's an actual story of my mom. I'm afraid, I have to go with a rerun photo of her sitting astride Santa's lap in the early 90s. I was the Shoppers World Mall Santa way back then.

My mom was a pickler. She would buy cucumbers from the Farmer's Market in bulk and then bottle up about 50 jars-full. My younger brother and sometimes my sister and I would sneak down in the basement and steal a jar of pickles and consume them one after another while sitting upon our favourite hiding place, on top of the furnace. (It wasn't on.)  While other kids would steal from cookie jars, we stole from pickle jars. Guaranteed, my mom would ask us to go grab a jar for dinner that evening after we'd chowed down earlier that afternoon. I'm fairly certain she knew what we were up to but never let on.

Added nostalgia bonus. My High School Chess team. We came second in North America! Though I'm the one holding the trophy, I was always on the bench and the others in this photo were on the actual team.

Before writing this, I watched The Mother. Jennifer Lopez is great, the daughter typically disobeys and puts herself in danger throughout the movie. Worth it though, just for the mom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails