2023-04-30

Long Live the King!

I'd been waiting for my car to return from its inspection and it is now fit to drive. Soooo...I drove out to the Sendai City Agriculture & Horticulture Center so I could see the newest hay-sculpture. It's King Kong!


I approached him to take a close up...


And was grabbed!



I managed to escape and checked out the Godzilla shrine. The volunteers remembered me from last Halloween and this time suggested I drop some coins in tribute.


There were a couple of sculptures from before. Such as a T-rex and Raptor.



This bull may be new.


I'm pretty sure I've seen this boar before. This time he has a target on him.


I scored three times in a row and won a handful of crisps. (I gave most of them away to the aforementioned volunteers.)


Upon entry, one can see a new tiger. Rather daunting.


There were several booths set up selling arts & crafts and I picked up some pumpkin seeds and spinach. I heard a guitar off in the distance and much to my surprise, it was my old pal Yukie! (Click the label Pony Tails for more history.)




I recorded them performing "Neverending Story", I wish I'd been ready for Lupin.


Afterwards, I wandered over to the (possibly manmade) lake and then grabbed some yakiniku.


Since I was a stones throw away, I skipped over to a nearby ocean. 




I still haven't figured out how to embed a "short" so here is a YouTube link to the sea. See!

Since it's Superhero Day, I broke out my new Batsuit.



Finally, after storing my winter tires behind my tv, I placed some of my stuffed stuff atop them.



Not a bad start to Golden Week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails