2015-04-17

Manga-nificent Museum.

When in Kyoto, I just randomly stumbled across a Museum totally devoted to Manga, The Kyoto International Manga Museum. In my opinion, it's more a library than a museum yet it did have some gallery displays, so I guess that qualifies. It has thousands of copies of Manga from throughout the years including international sections, graphic novels and historical background. AND, anyone can pick up (almost) any book and go outside and read it on the patio. Many of the sections wouldn't allow photos, but here are some of the permitted pics.








There was a limited display of the history of Black Jack and to be honest, I didn't know too much about the character. Now I know a lot more and I even had a Caesarean performed by the famous surgeon and his assistant.





I couldn't leave the place empty handed and got a few goodies, such as an Atomu medal and a roll of Black Jack TP.



When at a Kansai version of Mandai, I came across a few manga by Tezuka Osamu such as 三つ目がとおる (Mitsu-me ga Tooru or The Three-eyed One).


Watch Mitsume Ga Tooru (Three Eyed One) Ep 1 in Anime  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com




I also found an early volume of Black Jack and a hard-cover compilation of his 12 best stories.




I also found a 1000-page volume of (not very) Erotic stories. Cute but only a little naughty. 



And a copy of  鉄人28号 or Tetsujin 28 gou in which he battles Frankenstein.


If you have a couple of hours to kill, be sure to check out this museum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails