2018-09-23

Funkonstein!

According to EEK!, September 21st is the 200th Anniversary of Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus. My research (Wikipedia or that there link) can only find reference to Mary Shelley writing the novel 200 years ago on January 1st, 1818, not in September.

Regardless, I never did do a tribute back then, so let's do one now. I just happen to have purchased a Funko of Frankenstein last week for we discovered that the Hardware Store, Daishin, carries a large variety of them cheaply. Prior to this, we have to rely on Yodabashi or at the cinema for big bucks.


In the same series, I also landed Dracula.


And the reason I went, The Creature! A friend told me about them and upon hearing of the Creature, I hightailed it to a Daishin.


They also happened to have Roger Rabbit and I couldn't resist.


On Friday, I popped into the Daishin in Watari just to see if I'd get lucky and landed a Maul.


And a Predator, just in time to see the movie!


Furthermore, today I discovered a new store, NUTS, that sells snacks and things at a discount. I bought a few items I'll mention later but I'll share this Monstro-Gum now since it's part of today's theme.


This can be considered a sneak preview of the Countdown to Halloween, 2018. If I may be Frank, be sure to stay tuned for more in October.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails