2023-04-07

Mecha-Hanami!

Even Mecha-Godzilla and King Ghidorrah love to relax and sit under the cherry blossoms in April's Hanami season.


I had to pop into Yodobashi Camera to pick something up, so on the way home, I couldn't Passover the chance to join the above Kaiju in their revelry.

Lots of blossoms still in full bloom at Tsutsujigaoka Park and there was a good crowd because a Rakuten Baseball game had just ended. So I grabbed a brew and some chips and settled under a tree to watch the masses enjoy their ball games, mostly soccer and baseball and a little volleyball. No Frisbees though or I might have joined in.



Plenty of blossoms to enjoy. This one is a Weeping Cherry, シダレザクラ.


For the others, use this handy guide and figure out which is which.








I wandered over to the Eagles stadium and alas, their blossoms have all expired.

As twilight started gleaming, I continued my journey and snapped a few photos at my local temple, Mutsu Kokubunji Temple, Yakushida. Click that link to Google Maps and wander over on Saturday. There's a Daihannya prayer reading and later a Handicraft fair. 

Today is Maundy Thursday which means that Sunday is Easter. I wonder what the Kaiju have planned that day?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails