2023-08-31

I Beached Myself.

I often go to Shichigahama for an evening lesson; yesterday, I had one there in the afternoon. Sooo, afterwards I head to nearby Shobutahama or Shobuta Beach.


Not a bad looking beach. It formally closed last weekend though there were a few stragglers like me wondering around.


I saw a colony of seagulls (above) and a few cormorants (I think) below.



A couple of wacky pano shots.



There were of course a few body surfers and you can see them if you squint.




The only action was parasailer (?) who took a few passengers up for a birds-eye view. (I wasn't brave enough to try it.)



A huge tanker and if you look way up, you can see our flyboy.


I strolled along the beach (as seen in the video) until I came upon an upsetting sight.


As cool as it is to see a sea turtle up close, the only reason is because this dude has eaten his last plastic bag. According to the lifeguard, he was probably killed in last night's nasty waves for they also found a dolphin beached earlier that day. The authorities had been called to haul him away.

If you look at that top picture, there's a little restaurant there in which I ate lunch. I splurged and had a canny kani pasta with a nori salad. 



The place is called SeaSaw and it's worth checking out if you're in the neighbourhood.

Since I'm talking about the Sea, I saw a movie called, Meg: the Monsters 2 which you may have guessed is the Japanese title for Meg 2: The Trench-mouth (or something like that.) It has more Megalodon-sharks, dinosaurs called Snappers, and a Kraken yet is somehow really boring since it focuses on the Humans for far too long. But don't worry, it'll do really well in China so we're certain to get a third one.


While there, I saw a couple of nice posters for the new TMNT movie. I liked the preview, so I might just check it out in a few weeks.


Here's a copy of the flyer.

 

Finally, last weekend I ventured out to Morioka to sell a few items (I actually made a profit!) and en route there, stopped off in Kurihara for a mini-Matsuri. The area has one of my favourite mascots, this big anthropomorphized stack of hay.


I knew it'd be stuck in a hot car all day, so I didn't even attempt to catch one of these imori (newts).


I'll finish off with me consuming a fish on a stick...



Sea you later...
UPDATE! I just discovered that August 30th is National Beach Day. So that seems apropos. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails