2023-11-04

A Holy Day!

Day 3!

The Third of Govember is a very important day. It's Culture Day! It's the 69th Anniversary of the release of the original and best, Gojira, King of the Monsters, our lord and master! It's the Premiere of Godzilla: Minus One

I watched G: -1 today and enjoyed it every time The Big G was on screen. Otherwise it was all blah-blah-blah. I suppose it'll make more sense once I see it with English subtitles, yet it was just a lot of yadda-yadda-yadda in between destruction. I loved the effects, the soundtrack* (SPOILER), and most of the acting. I won't need to watch it again for a while though. I'll be inundated with clips from it next month when it opens Stateside.


Tons of merch to buy including this cup. I hope it gets discounted, too rich for my blood and I still have several cups from the last release.



I did buy a Clear File (of course).


I need to figure out some way of framing this. It's that nice.


Couldn't resist another Chibi. Hedorah?!? I'm sold.



I spent the rest of the evening watching a Kaiju movie I'd never seen. Orochi: the Eight-Headed Dragon. it was a mix of Kaiju and Japanese history/ mythology, with some Harryhausen and even Star Wars thrown in.







Pretty cool.

 

Before I get to the soundtrack SPOILER, here is another item I picked up today at my Go-to-Gatcha Guy. A squeaky Rubber Ducky wearing a Godzilla motorcycle helmet! Of course!



Finally, to commemorate this auspicious occasion, I broke out the finest undergarment.










*(SPOILER: Listen for Gojira, Mothra and King Kong vs. Godzilla themes interspersed throughout the movie.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails