2023-11-09

Spaaaaaaaaace Godzilla!

 Day 8 of GOvember...

Continuing going through about 8 boxes of Godzilla Goodies and have whittled them down to about 6 boxes by combining similar items. Someday, I'd love to actually find room on shelves to display them! I sometimes say to myself, "Gee, Michael. You sure do have a lot of stuff!" I answer, "Yes, and it's times like this that I really enjoy rummaging through my collection."

This morning (well, almost afternoon), I watched some Zone Fighter of which I've only seen sporadic episodes. Today were episodes 1-3, too bad Godzilla doesn't show up until the 4th. I do like the goofy Garoga!

Then on my DaiKaiju Channel (DKUTV), was All Monsters Attack! and Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla.

All Monsters Attack is one of the more despised movies by fans, but not by me. I was probably the same age as the protagonist boy, Ichiro when I first saw this in 1969. Also a little guy who gets bullied? No similarity to me there in the least!


I don't think I have a Gabara handy. So I'll just add a pic of Minya.


Spaaaaaaaaace Godzilla (must be uttered in the voice of the narrator of Pigs in Space.


Not the best villain for Godzilla, but a good villain for Earth. Minya has grown up a bit into Godzilla Junior and is good at tripping traps though otherwise doesn't have much to do. He does get kidnapped and imprisoned in some Space Crystals.


The military led by G FORCE want to take down his daddy, Godzilla. So they've developed an anti-Godzilla Mech called MOGUERA. (Coincidentally, he looks a bit like his Mysterians counterpart and shares his name with the Japanese for mole.)



BUT, somehow some bits of Godzilla got cloned fell into a black hole and merged with these Space Crystals which created SpaceGodzilla who has a hankering to destroy his namesake. So G FORCE and Godzilla team up to defeat it! It's a wacky plot yet SG has a unique look and power set. Here are two different versions of it.





And this one I picked up a few years back really cheaply.


It wasn't until I got home that I discovered the reason why. His left foot is missing! Doh!



Tomorrow it's giant shrimp and MechaGodzilla! Woohoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails