2019-09-24

Crayon Shin-Godzilla-chan!

On Sunday, I happened to be wandering S-Pal in Sendai Station and discovered a new shop embedded between a Snoopy Store and a Rirakuma Shop. It's the Crayon Shinchan Original Shop.


I'm not a huge fan of Crayon, but I browsed around just to see if there were any unique Halloween goodies. Nope. But I did discover this pair of socks!



Hey Michael, didn't you write about Crayon Shinchan vs Godzilla about 5 years ago? The answer is Yes I did. At that time, I didn't bother to look into any merchandise though, thanks to one of my roving reporters, this has been discovered...


Okay, unless you are able to enlarge that, you won't know what I'm talking about. Here we go again.


That tailless kaiju is actually a coin bank and by removing the buttocks, you can access the loot.
One lucky recipient of 怪獣シリマルダシ (kaijū shirimarudashi) shows off his purchase:



Wait a sec., how come I'd never heard of this before? Shinchan vs. Shin-Godzilla!



Just in case you couldn't figure it out, here is a subbed version of one of those previews:



There is a full-length crossover movie out there somewhere, I just need to research further...
Meanwhile, here are a couple of pics:



Ya know, speaking of crossovers, here is a independent comic written about a young gal with a Shin-fetish checking out a bunch of military vehicles. It's called Einsatz Gruppe and Manitou vs. Shin-Godzilla and it is pretty wacky.


Here's a sampling of its contents.








The author/artist hard at work.


Finally a friend reminded me of this crossover between Kemono Friends and Shin-Godzilla.


You can see a few more pictures at the bottom of this blogpost.

Stay tuned, it isn't long until the Countdown to Halloween!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails