2013-05-04

Monkey Business.

I presided over a wedding today and for a change I made no mistakes. Consequently I was in a pretty good mood and decided to wander downtown. Nothing like a sunny day to waste away in the UFO Catcher facilities. First win of the day was this lovely Toy Story Clock. It wasn't until I got it home that I realized it's the Alien...my favourite! (Kind of ironic to win it in a Crane game, don't you think?)



Much to my surprise, I came across a monkey and his owner. I stayed for the first two acts, neither of which were stupendous and gave up my space in the crowd for other onlookers. Much to my chagrin, I learned later that he/she/it performed several tricks that I missed out on.








Took me 8 or 9 tries but I finally landed this Rilakkuma Toilet Seat Cover and Mat. It'll make a nice house-warming gift but I think I may just keep it.




Not much else there so I head towards home and made one more stop but not before seeing this cardboard beetle. So cool! For the first time in Japan, I have seen some Swiss Chard! I'll boil that up for lunch tomorrow and add vinegar, just like mom used to.



At my final UFO Catch-stop, I continued my Rilakkuma splurge and won a nice pan. Not sure how to cook upon it, but I'll give it a try. I also landed a Kumamon mug and a few bear-heads, a blue Gloomy, a Catbus and a Gromit with a suckling lamb!







To make my day even better, my pet cricket is back! I think I'll use it for target practice.



What will the next three days of Golden Week hold? Stay tuned...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails