2015-07-22

Play Tag.

Yesterday, it was See Day Sea Day so I went to sea see a movie. What I thought was a typical Japanese movie in which High School gals get dismembered and gunned down with machine guns turned out to be an atypical Japanese movie in which High School gals get dismembered and gunned down with machine guns.

The movie is called リアル鬼ごっこ or Real Onigokko translated as "Tag". Apparently it's based on a manga written by Yusuke Yamada, The Chasing Worldand the movie I saw is actually the seventh in a series! 
This is the trailer to the original film.



I wish I'd know this going into the movie for I was confused throughout. I began to piece it together and near the end I figured much of it out.




The protagonist is portrayed by Reina Triendl., a nerdy girl on her way to school by bus when the bus and all her schoolmates gets severed  in twain by a wind. She runs the rest of the way to school and is calmed down by a friend. A few minutes later her class gets mowed down by her machine gun wielding teacher.







Somehow Mitsuki turns into a kick-ass bride played by former AKBer Mariko Shinoda ably aided by a sidekick.






After this she transforms into a marathon runner played by Erina Mano


I'm not going to spoil the ending for you, mainly because I had a hard time figuring out what was going on. (What's with the Groom with the Pig's Head?) Suffice to say, I enjoyed it and will probably watch some of the earlier movies if they show up on the tube.

The music is by Glim Spanky (who comes up with these names?) and isn't too bad.



Finally, here is a making of video for behind the scenes fans.


Check it out... 

OMG! I just google this and my blog came up from a few years ago. I wrote about Onigokko before!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails