2018-07-29

My Birth Comics.

One of the pages I follow is the "Marvel Comics Group: 1961-1986" which was the Silver Age for Marvel and the years I remember most fondly. One of the moderators suggested showing the comics that came out on your birth-month.  Therefore utilizing the Mike's Amazing World website, I plugged in December 1958. Alas, Marvel was not yet in existence, so I had to make do with a handful of titles from its predecessor, Atlas Comics.

First up is Strange Tales, a comic that featured horror/sf/mystery/suspense tales. Once the Fantastic Four was created, The Human Torch got a feature, as well as a certain mystic, Dr. Strange.


Strange Worlds was an SF Anthology comic that only lasted 5 issues.


I read several issues of the Two-Gun Kid and in the 60s he wore a mask and had black hair. He even showed up in The Avengers and was befriended by Hawkeye. This blond dude is completely unknown to me though according to Wikipedia, his name is Clay Harder.


I've never read Wyatt Earp though I have seen a few movies based on the lawman.


I don't know anything about this book. I was never much for war stories anyway.


I never knew Patsy Walker has been around so long. I do know that she later became the super-heroine known as Hellcat.


I can't say I know anything about Hedy, not even her surname.


Finally another SF Anthology comic called World of Fantasy. It does have a cool cover by Jack Kirby.


Maybe I'll do this again for DC. I do know there were a lot of wacky covers back then!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails