2020-04-11

A Pretty Good Friday.

Not a Great Friday, just a pretty Good one. I spent a few hours going through two boxes of Simpsons goodies, most of which I'd forgotten I had. I'll start with my favourite find, some Burger King toys from 2002. (You can pick up your own set here. Darn, only 19.99$? I was hoping they'd be worth more.)

I'll go in order that the episodes were aired, so I need to start with an episode called, "Hungry are the Damned", in which Kodos or Kang decide to chow down on humans in a tribute to the Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man". Here is Part 1, you can find the rest yourself...


As you can see, the TV screen shifts from the title to a scene from the show.



Wait a sec, that isn't the same episode as above. Okay, this is going to be tougher than it looks.

In that case, I'll just choose figures at random and comment when I can.

Such as, "King Homer" from Season 4.





Observe that though Homer is monochromatic as was the original King Kong, Marge's hair is clearly blue.

Another Kaiju related one is Bart donning a Godzilla-esque outfit.


Oh, it looks like Bart is getting all destructive, but it's only to piss off his sister.


I added in a back shot so you can see it's a costume.


Hmm. There doesn't seem to be an accompanying episode. It isn't the one where the Simpsons go to Japan (my fave!). The most similar would be from an NES Game. (Sheesh.)



There we go, Ned as a werewolf.



Though the episode is entitled, "I Know What You Diddily-Iddily Did" is an obvious reference to a certain Summer movie, the writers changed him into lycanthrope for kicks.



Okay, Otto as a zombie?


Or is he just chilling with some ghosts. I'm not sure.


Ah well, here's some zombie action for you.



Marge as The Bride.



Though Marge's hairdo is an obvious spoof of Elsa Lanchester's coiffure from The Bride of Frankenstein, there isn't a specific Marge as the Bride clip. Rather, here is Homer in a Frankensteinian episode.



Professer Frink turns invisible, man.



Once again, no corresponding episode. There have been Frink Horror episodes, but not one where he vanishes. So instead, I'll give you the inspiration for Frink, the Jekyll/Hyde spoof, The Nutty Professor. (And NO, not the one with Eddie Murphy.)



Well, speaking of Jekyll and Hyde, Dr. Hibbert undergoes a transformation.



Nope, the episode is Hyding from me. (teehee) Instead, we'll show a favourite episode...


But Michael, this is anachronistic, it came out after the Burger King toys were issued.
Quiet you!



Finally (because this took a hell of a lot longer than I expected it would), it's our favourite groundskeeper, Willie as The Creature from the Black Lagoon!


Fashion faux pas, don't put flippers on all your limbs!


Nope, no episode, instead here's a Trick or Treat. The original BK commercial advertising these figures!



Tomorrow (unless I find something else to post instead) will be more Simpsons' figures and toys but with a lot less commentary.

2 comments:

Bob Johns said...

I have never seen the whole set really cool!

Michael Jones said...

My thanks go to my buddy Bob in Toronto who was forced to go to BK ten times to acquire them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails