2020-04-02

Happy Sendaiversary.

I spent so much time writing my Spoon post, that I didn't have the time to regale you of my big news. April First, 2020 is the 20th Anniversary of my arrival in Sendai! YAY!! Thanks to Alex Hutton, who dragged me kicking and screaming from the bliss that was NOVA in Tokyo, I first came to Sendai to work at Tokiwagi Gakuen way back in the year 2000!


Here is a picture of me from the 2002 yearbook. Sheesh, what is that orange caterpillar below my lips?


Shortly after that, any tinge of ginger left my hair and quickly went grey. (I blame Soma.) Someone else whose gingerish hair didn't grey but rather disappeared is the aforementioned Alex.



I didn't rate any photos in the yearbook, Alex had three, including his famous grandstanding pose.


The Irish guy was Brian (no pic) and my arch nemesis was Lempi.


I recognized several of the students in the book but alas, I keep in contact with very few. Except for Chiaki who goes under a different name now.


I have to say that my two years at Tokiwagi had been the best job in my life. Unfortunately when Lempi left, the all-girl school was left with no female teacher, so I was axed and replaced by a gal.

Ah well, I'm enjoying my school life now...if it ever recommences.

Since it is April first, here are a few Aprils from calendars I have hanging around.


In honour of Captain America, I wore my Cap undies today.


And a Hydra t-shirt. You can tell that it's from last year. For now, even though they are the epitome of Evil, Hydra practices social distancing and don't congregate in groups. (Hail Hydra!)


Another current calendar is this Star Wars one.


I can't find two of my Godzilla calendars right now, once I do, I'll amend this. So here is the Big G versus Mecha-G.


Oogie Boogie is a good choice for this foolish month.


This one is just rude...



For the most part, I didn't come across too many April Fools gags. The one about Disney buying Toho Studios and making Shin-Godzilla a new Disney princess was a little bit amusing, especially the naive comments. The one about the Queen catching Coronovirus was NOT.

Since there was a ton of bad taste out there today, I didn't read FaceBook as much as usual. But I can't let the day go without a gag, so here is the most famous one ever!



Wow, three blog posts in two days! Does this mean that isolation has spurred me on? Yes, I think it has.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails