2011-03-19

One Week Later...

Still no zombies! (Sigh of disappointment.)

I am far behind in my daily updating and so this will be brief.
Sunday was a nice sunny day, I gathered up some Halloween candles and batteries and biked for about 80 minutes to Alex's abode to see how his family was faring. They fared well. The chargers for the cell phones were well received as were the potatoes and treats. They still had no water (I would have brought some, had I known. Alex, Kaede and I went for a long walk around his area. Saw a shattered glass building, a dead tanuki and other stuff. On the way back I saw a traditional tiled roof completely smashed to rubble. (Every single one of these rooves end up the same way.) As I was pedalling back, the power slowly started coming on and when I saw my first vending machine lit up, so did my spirits. As I got nearer home, I also saw a Christmas tree lit up (let's waste that newly acquired juice, eh.) After I'd crossed the bridge towards my ward I plunged into complete darkness. 













Monday was spent at NHK where I discovered classes cancelled but was allowed to recharge my phone and catch up on my FB and let people know I was still alive and kicking. Monday night, comic books by candlelight.
Tuesday afternoon, my power came back so I discovered that my computer was operative (as you can see) and I could do a little more tidying.
Wednesday and Thursday was spent inside watching the 24-hour news, FaceBooking, tidying and staying out of the freezing cold weather and the potentially radioactive snowfall. Scary stuff!



I had to make a decision and after a day of indecision I finally decided to get out of Dodge and catch the next stagecoach to Yuma Tokyo.

Today is the one week anniversary of E-day and it was a lovely sunny day so it was spent tying up loose ends. I cooked some rice, got paid, paid bills, gave KitKats to my School's Day Care, met my gal-pal Michiko and gave her a bottle of IceWine (she cried), took a few pics of Sendai train station, it was decimated! 



When I got home, I gave a care package to each of my neighbours including a cup of rice, a tea candle, a roll of TP and a KitKat with my photo on it so they'd know who it was from.











Now it's just past midnight and I still haven't begun to pack, as I am wont to do every single time I travel! The snag is because I'm catching a complementary bus to Tokyo thanks to the Canajun Embassy, I can only take one bag! That means, no souvenirs for the masses or otaku goods for my fellow nerds!



If the Powers that be will it, I shall return on April 18th and who knows what it'll be like a month from now?

1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Ah, I have not heard that John Denver song in ages.....wow. :)

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails