2011-03-14

Shaken, Rattled and Rolled.

Please be advised that my area was struck by an earthquake and a lot of damage was done but we were not accosted by the tsunami at all.

I am currently scamming a pc since I don't have any power at home and my computer fell down so I don't really know if it works anyway. I'm not sure when next I'll be able to update, but rest assured that I am well. I have no power or gas but I do have food and water and my apartment has remained intact. Electricity is returning to parts of central Sendai but in my neck of the woods it is still pitch black at night. (The silver lining is that I've been able to see some lovely stars and a half moon.)

Furthermore, my friend Alex and his family are fine. They were without water but that has now been restored. I spent the day with them yesterday and we had a wonderful Sunday afternoon enjoying the sunny day.

Unfortunately it's not all good news. I teach part-time in Watari and one of the four schools I teach at (ARAHAMA) was decimated by the tsunami and I probably lost several students and their families. My thoughts and wishes go out to them and I hope they find the strength to persevere.

I know not when I'll be able to update again, but rest assured that I am well for now and that things soon get back to relative normalcy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails