2012-11-08

Stoker's Stalker.

Years and years ago, I went to a lecture by a biographer of Bram Stoker, whose 165th birthday is today. (He gets his own Google Doodle at that link.)



It was a fairly interesting chat and I asked him about blood transfusions. In 1897, blood typing and transfusions were in their infancy and I wondered how Abraham knew so much about them. I was told that Bram's brother was a doctor and was researching transfusions. A lot of Stoker's Dracula novel was given credence by such authenticity.

Here are some highlights from Coppola's adaptation of Bram Stoker's most famous book.









Van Helsing gets a little head!

Happy Birthday Bram!

2 comments:

QPT said...

Google celebrates 165th birthday of - Bram Stoker. Doodle depicts the story of Dracula.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Cool post. Forgot how much I loved the visual side of that movie....guess I need to watch that again.

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails