2012-11-19

What a Crock!

I've taken a week off from blogging, no particular reason, just slightly burnt out. But now I'm back with a vengeance! Here are some pictures of downtown Sendai and the results of a UFO-Catch binge!

First up is Sendai Shiro-Claus. Sendai Shiro was an actual person who lived in the 19th century. Any store he visited prospered, and any store he refused to enter went out of business. (The preceding was stolen from my friend Ed's FB page. Check out his blog on dining out in Sendai if you're looking for somewhere to eat.)




Then I went on my binge. I was already hauling around a bag full of Preacher's garb so I couldn't carry too much though I did manage to obtain a lot. I believe the first item I tried for took about 7 tries, fortunately it was a special 100 Yen day because this item usually costs 200¥a pop. It's a Gloomy Crock pot. Not sure what or how to cook in it, but it does look cool!


There's a Game Centre across from the Disney Store that has been closed down since 3/11/11 and has recently reopened. I'm not impressed by much of its wares but they do have a game where all of the dregs of previous machines have been gathered together. They're piled up high and with the right nudge of the claws, the items cascade into the pit. For 300 or 400¥ I captured all of this loot! (What I'll do with it, I have no idea. Most of it is pretty crappy. But it was cheaply won crap!)








Finally I popped into my favourite one in the city and landed a Mari! Once again, a little tough to wrangle but fortunately one of the handlers was nice enough to reposition it for me and it plopped gently into my mitts. This guy has worked at several different UFO Catch/Game Centres in the city for at least the last dozen years. Every time a game centre closes down, he pops up in a new one.

A new Evangelion movie opened last weekend. Once I've acquainted myself with the first two, I'll probably go see it. Details to follow...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails