2013-12-04

O Tannenbaum

This is fir all the lovers of Christmas trees. I had a lesson the other day with my Grade 2s and after having them count out different ornaments, put them in teams and had them decorate trees via relay.It worked out well and I gave them a Tree template to decorate as homework. What follows are some of the results.

This is the first batch with my favourite at the bottom. I'll intersperse the pics with versions of the Carol, O Tannenbaum, starting with the best of the bunch by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. Those of you who grew up with A Charlie Brown Christmas will have earned a love of Jazz thanks to this.








Here are the lyrics if you'd like to sing along. I doubt if you can keep up with Arethra though.






This version is by the anorexic Bond boss, Boney M, filmed in Toronto's Eaton's Centre.





Tony Bennett with Count Basie's Orchestra. It doesn't get much better than this.






I've never heard of the Bill Susman Jazz Trio, but they're not bad.






This next batch is from the second class. Not much difference in the pictures but the last gal really went all out!



While this family decorates their tree, listen to They Might Be Giants sing O Tannenbaum in German.






This version gets rather Holy when Johnny Mathis warbles it.





This is my least favourite version but some of you Gleeks might enjoy it. Regardless, this is the Ultimate Tree!




That reminds me, I need to dig up my tree...

1 comment:

Perogyo said...

TMBG FTW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails