2016-09-16

I Joined the Squad.

I'm not sure what all the hubbub about Suicide Squad is. I got a kick out of it, critics be damned. Harley of course stole the show and Deadshot got to fire off some of his acting chops as well. Katana cut up the scenery when she was on the screen, Digger boomeranged a lot, and Croc killed with his great makeup job. I was enchanted by Enchantress, El Diablo was on fire with his performance, and Slipknot slipped away too early. Flag waved heroically and Waller stood strong throughout. The biggest joke was, of course, Joker who was grating throughout but eventually grew on you (sort of like fungus.) It was great to see Batman wing his way into the picture.
Okay, enough with the puns.


Was it great? Not by a long shot. It was the funniest DC movie to date and dispelled some of the drudgery of the last few Super movies. I understand that a lot of the Joker's role was expunged, I'm curious as to what was left out for his screen time was fairly prevalent. Even though I wasn't overly fond of his performance, that doesn't stop me from posing with Leto*.
*or at least a cardboard cutout of him.


Anywho, here are some of the Clear Files that I picked up. There was more junk for sale for this flick than at the previous BvsS extravaganza.








Above here is not exactly a clear file. It's a B5-sized plastic sheet that can be used to place between pages in your notebook to ease in taking notes.


That above Clear File was a freebie, given to me when I bought a DC Movix Collaboration card for 100 yen. The card is lame but the file is great.


Finally, here is a copy of a flyer given out to advertise for the movie. If you'd like one, just tell me and I'll mail one out to you (someday).


Spoiler alert!





Spoiler Alert!





The most disappointing part of the movie for me? NO BALLROOM BLITZ! It was only in the trailer! Also, why do they always put the lamest of the tunes during the end credits? You know I'm going to stick around, do you have to torture me in the interim?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails