2007-06-24

Generous to a Fault.

(Alternate title: Stuff and Nonsense.)

Anybody who knows me, knows that I'm a nice guy. I can be a cantankerous old bugger at times, but for the most part, I'm a nice guy. Another thing that anybody who knows me knows is that I have a lot of stuff.

I tend to collect stuff. I have boxes and boxes of stuff in my apartment (and in a locker in Canada), but that's okay because of that aforementioned generosity. (*I'm working on a set of Lupin coffee collectibles right now. I have the set of the red capped collection because you can see what you're getting. The blue set of phone straps are unviewable, so I've already got some doubles. Once it's completed, I'll post pictures for you.)











You see, I collect this stuff until I've completed a set of stuff I like and often get several duplicates along the way. Then I tend to give this stuff away. I go to the UFO catcher drop 5 or 10 bucks, keep what I want and then give out the undesireables to friends or to random strangers. Now, I have so much stuff and such tremendous generosity that I have begun mailing out my stuff to complete strangers in other countries. One such stranger is Laura, who in gratitude for all her technical help over the last year is the happy recipient of a box of Pocky and other goodies. You can check out her site and get all sorts of info on Comics and the real world. She surfs the net, so you don't have to and then dumps the links. You may also want to see her Aquaman site or her husband's Wizard of Oz site.

So as you can see, I'm a nice guy. I'm also broke all the time...I wonder why that is?


Here's George Carlin talking about a place to keep your stuff:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails