2007-06-14

There Ain't no Kyuri for the Summertime Blues!


According to this article, Pepsi has been way behind in the Cola Wars, so they've brought out a new "Pepsi Ice Cucumber" which has "the refreshing taste of a fresh cucumber".
"We wanted a flavor that makes people think of keeping cool in the summer heat," spokesperson Takemoto said. "We thought the cucumber was just perfect."
For me, cucumbers don't evoke coolness, that'd be watermelon...mmmm Watermelon-Pepsi! I sampled a bottle today and gave some to a co-worker. He commented "尼イ!" (amai) which means sweet. I personally found it to be overly-sweet but tasteless. It does though have a cucumberish odour & a slight cucumberish aftertaste to it.





They like to eat their cucumbers (きゅうり=kyuri) here with mayo as a dip. Personally, I soak mine in vinegar overnight. I guess my taste buds can't relish a sweet cucumber...I'm sweet enough as it is!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails