2011-02-10

Now We're Cookin'!

I'm not much of a cook; sure I can make a mean Spaghetti sauce (dice up all the leftover veggies in the fridge and toss them in a pot with a big jar of tomato sauce). Also, I am rather proud of my Umeboshi Chicken, though others may balk at eating purple chicken, I find it quite savoury. Other than that, my chef skills are lacking.

That's why I was happy to see that the November/1982 issue of スターログ (Starlog) that I picked up has an article on SF Cooking.


Unfortunately there are no recipes to help me out, though it does have a review three books. I'm not familiar with Anne McCaffrey's "Cooking Out of this World" but I trust her taste. Issc Asimav's "Mrs. Stellars Interplanetary Cooking Guide" but it's not a good sign when they misspell Isaac Asimov on the cover. Lastly and not least, the Official Star Trek Cooking Manual (click this link to see a review of it in English) is a book I'm sure I would have relished 30 years ago.




The rest of the article features several cartoons, none of which I understand until the last one...it's a good one.


Unfortunately, fellow blogger Nigel hasn't updated his blog since June but check it out, you may find Slow Food From Japan of some interest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails