TOP TWELVE REASONS WHY JAPAN LOST TO AUSTRALIA:
12. Still bedazzled by the opening ceremonies.
11. Too many sausages before the game.
10. The goal in the second half was in the shade.
9. Mel Gibson is remaking "Tora, Tora, Tora" in the next town.
8. The entire team but the goalkeeper forgot to show up.
7. What?!? The Berlin Wall came down? Not in our history books.
6. The pitch was tilted.
5. Our whole team had "ROIDS" (not steroids, but hemorrhoids.)
4. Still can't grasp that "antipodean, reverse flushing concept."
3. The city emblem of Kaiserslautern looks too delicious.
2. Japan thought they hired Shinsuke Nakamura, the Japanese professional wrestler, not Shunsuke Nakamura.
1. The Aussies were hopped up on ROO hormones.
Some of these are pretty lame excuses, if you can come up with some better ones, please let me know!