2008-02-03

Bathtime.

Today is 節分 or Setsubun. If you click on that link, you can learn all about what I wrote last year. If you'd like to learn more about the Demons that folks try to shoo away, check out my old entry on oni.

I didn't bother tossing any beans this morning (though I did almost toss some cookies.) Any Demons that might reside in my apartment are welcome. I can use the company.

Speaking of welcome, some new upstairs neighbours dropped by this afternoon and handed me a present. The message on the box means, "Greetings".










I thought it might be some kind of Jehovah Witness type thing, but no, it was a nice couple giving me a pair of towels. These are so nice, I won't re-gift them!










I didn't bother using the towels when I took a bath tonight. I bathed for the first time in ages because (a)there was nothing on TV and (b)I wanted to check out my swimming panda that I received as a Christmas present. He does a mean back stroke!









I also received a トーフ親子バスボール or To-fu Oyako Bath Ball!

Once the soap dissolves, one is left with a blockhead made of tofu. (Remember you can always click on the picture to enlarge it.)





I got the coolest one, a cranky looking pirate with an eyepatch!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails