2015-09-27

Nice Skies Finish Last.

I had the pleasure of driving in the rain to Yamagata (actually a small nearby town called Nagai) and in the fog on the way back. Still I managed to snap off a few nice pics en route.


 (The sky from this post's title.)


Is that a giant Kokeshi atop that mountain (Click the pic to check for yourself.)



 These top four were taken on the way home.


A clowder of cats, 9 in total, at the chapel. I couldn't get any closer else they'd disperse.

 Awesome little tree frog amidst the cedars.

I'd be remiss if I didn't make a trip to the Yamagata Mandai. Always some cool vintage embiggened posters, this one has King Kong and Le Magicien d'Oz.



Thanks to a quick Googling, it appears that the artwork was taken from this poster.


I found the store itself to be a little pricey and for some odd reason, all the best Godzilla goods were at the top of the display and I had to ascend a rickety footstool to access them. I still managed to find an Orga from Godzilla 2000.



 The second live movie really sucked but this t-shirt doesn't.


A Bearbrick X-man and Loki.


 Finally, Loki's half-brother and nemesis: Angry Baby Thor!

Ya gotta go to Yamagata someday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails