2009-02-07

Be It Ever So Humble.


I'm a sucker for these things. DeAGOSTINI puts out a series of books, cds whatever and they grab you with a cheap #1 (290¥) and then boost the price up threefold. This is my latest purchase, a CD of traditional Japanese Folk songs. I was hoping to learn a few of these and impress my Karaoke buddies with my prowess, but so far they are pretty dull.







The second one, 故郷の廃家 (kokyou no haika Home Sweet Home) is to the tune of this post's title. It is now sung at tradition Western weddings over here in Japan.



Robbie Burns (Auld Lang Syne) strikes again with the fourth one à la
故郷の空 or Comin' Thro The Rye. Personally, I prefer my Rye with Ginger Ale.

There are 7 songs in total and I'm afraid to say that none of them pique my interest. I may take a crack at the two above cuz I'm familiar with the tunes, but I don't think I'll rush out and buy Volume II!






Here are the rest if you want to try your luck at the
mic!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails