2009-02-01

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi, Heidi, Ho!






The 世界名作劇場 (Sekai Meisaku Gekijou ) or World Masterpiece Theatre were a set of Anime presented by Nippon Animation from 1975 onwards. Click that link for info about each series or click this link to buy the DVDs.










I pointed out ピーターパンの冒険 (Peter Pan) to you the other day and I just happen to find the 時計ワニ (tokei wani = clock alligator) & (tinka-beru = Tinkerbell) figures. Tinkerbell is a secret figure, but I happen to have 3 of them!

Another of the series was アルプスの少女ハイジ (Arupusu no Shoujo Haiji), whom we all know better as Heidi.



Ages ago, I got a couple of the figures from Coca Cola, but I wasn't interested enough to collect them all.

The opening:



The closing:



Of course I'd be remiss if I didn't link to
あらいぐまラスカル (Araiguma Rasukaru = literally, Red-bear Rascal but we may know him as Rascal the Raccoon.)

Alex's wife, Yuko loves this show and does a kick-ass version of this song at Karaoke:



Others include
母をたずねて三千里 (Haha wo Tazunete Sanzen Ri) or 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother (From the Apennines to the Andes) featuring アメデオ = Amedio.



I've never heard of
ペリーヌ物語 (The Perrin Story) but obviously the Japanese have and represented here is バロン or Baron.





Another one I don't know well is
フランダースの犬 (furandasu no inu or A Dog of Flanders) with a dog named ペトラッシュ (petorasshu or Petrasche.)

Here is the opening theme:



As an added bonus, I just happen to have a copy of this book for your perusal!























As with Pan, this one comes with fridge magnets and also stickers!

As an added bonus, here is Betty Boop & Cab Calloway in Minnie the Moocher (think of the post's title, and you'll know why.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails