2013-09-24

I'll Tumble For Ya.

One of the few memories I have of my father was when he'd tumble for hours on end.



No, not that kind of tumbling. He'd ease his stress as a full-time preacher and father to our unruly bunch by taking small stones and rolling them in a rock tumbler. Perhaps he should have kept up the hobby because the stress eventually did him in.

That being said, I have skipped the tumbling and gone straight to the rocks themselves. My stress reliever is whiling away the hours at UFO Catcher. Recently I landed a collection of Gemstones!



No not those Gemstones. Actual pebbles from around the world. They're quite cool. It even comes with a map of the world and where each stone is from.




For those of you who can't read the Japanese or the tiny print on the map, here's a list in English from 1-35.
     Howlite, Leopard Skin Jasper, New Jade, Mahogany Jasper, Rose Quartz, Blue Agate, Flourite, Red Jasper, Green Aventurine, Amethyst Dog Teeth, Picture Jasper, Moss Agate, Gold Stone, Tiger's Eye. Howlite Turquoise, Onyx, Crystal, Sodalite, Snowflake Obsidian, Rhodonite, Aragonite, Red Tiger's Eye, Lapidolite, Unakite, Carnelian, Lavender Amethyst, Dalmatian Jasper, Hematite, Blue gold Stone, Amazonite, Blue Tiger's Eye, Labradorite, Agate, Peach Aventurine, and Green Agate!

Not sure what I'll do with them, maybe I'll make them into jewelry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails