2017-05-11

Van-ity.

Last week I went to an Itasha show and uploaded several dozen photos from it (see link). Today, I'll add several more and throw in a few purty photos of scenery.



First though a little explanation about the creature on my shoulder. 


 It's a giant Japanese salamander called an oosanshouo (for actual photos of an actual oosanshouo, click that link), and once I learned of it, it became my all time favourite creature. Here's some more info on it's other name, the pepperfish. I adopted oosanshouo for my gmail account and have been wanting one for ages.  Happily, one day at the UFO Catcher, lo and behold... my prey awaits! 



According to the video, I didn't seem to have much luck but actually I won two for five bucks. (My attempts at a third cost me lots and lots more, but we won't speak of that.)


Cute little gaffers, aren't they?


I wandered around most of the day at the car show with one strapped to my back. It wasn't until I strapped it to my shoulder that anyone really noticed.
Now back to the show...

















 Ahhh! More creepy dolls!



 Look out, there are llamas!


I took a break and popped into a pavilion which just happened to feature relics from Turkey. I bought a mediocre Mango Ice Cream.












Boy, that guy should wear a hat or he might just get a sunburn on his noggin.*


*Spoiler alert: He did get a sunburn.








That's about it for the decorated vehicles. Because I didn't opt to pay 1000 yen so that I could take photos of the Cosplayers in attendance, there wasn't much else at the fest to keep me interested. It was still a lovely day, so we went on a walkabout around the grounds.









My friend had abandoned me to wander the river on my own. Fortunately, I befriended a couple of young ladies to snap a pic of me.


It will probably be a few years before I desire to revisit an Itasha show. It was fun but just oozing in car-nerds!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails