2017-05-26

Proud to be a Geek!

As everyone should know, today is Geek Pride Day, a day to honour geekdom, especially fans of Star Wars (40th anniversary as of today!!) and Douglas Adams via Towel Day
Thanks to a recent Capsule Claw machine capture in which I landed a capsule and inside is a ticket for a prize. Though I got one of the lesser prizes, this prize in my opinion is #1! 


Though this doesn't really count as a Towel, I think it meets some parameters of Towel Day for it is in fact a 6-foot long Sleeping Bag featuring Han encased in Carbonite!


This large bath towel does meet all the Towel Day requirements and doubles as a Star Wars Day entry as well.

Other Star Warsian items that I'll feature here are several Ichiban Kuji prizes that I won ages ago. The photos taken of Letters I, H and G are a little fuzzy but I've put them away and I don't want to dig them out again.


Two different Stormtroopers and three vehicles. (I need to learn to count again. There are three vehicles pictured on the box, yet I only got two!)


A fuzzy R2-D2 and a shackled Leia. Oh dang, I seem to be missing E which is Chewbacca. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.


 C-3PO and Luke posing.

A and B are both way out of my price range, though if I ever see them on sale, I may snag them.


The J prizes are these rubber straps. I have a few of them, once I get a few more, I'll show them off.


Finally to show off my true geekdom, I picked up a pair of boxers. I should really wear them on the outside of my trousers, just to exhibit them.


How did you celebrate your Geek Pride Day? Let me know in the comments if you carried around a towel or did anything Star Warsish!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails