2007-08-09

It's Hot, Damn Hot!

"The weather out there today is hot and sh*tty with continued hot and sh*tty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p*ssy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's *ss in a wagon rut."

As you may have guessed by my lack of recent posts, I'm in sunny Canada, basking in the heat. Contrary to what our neighbours to the south might think, we don't all live in igloos and drive snowmobiles to work (that's only in the 6-month long winter.) Today it's hot, but not unbearably so. I went to the zoo today and as soon as I can figure out how to download some pics onto my friends computer, I'll let you have a peak at some of the animals lazing in the sun.

Just so you don't think I'm neglecting my Japanese studies, here's a few tidbits for you:
The word for "hot" is "atsui(暑い)," and "humid" is "mushiatsui (蒸し暑い)." When the temperature goes up to 30 degrees or more on an almost daily basis in August. This is called "manatsubi(真夏日)" or midsummer days. For those of you who wish to continue exercising in the heat, here's a bit of ラジオ体操 or rajio tensou for those of you who wish to keep up with your daily calisthenics.

Stay cool. (ps. Anyone know where today's quote comes from?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails