2007-08-27

SuperNews!


One movie that was just ending its run when I was home was Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer. Everything I read said that it's mediocre at best, but I also heard the same argument about the first movie and I really enjoyed it. So on September 21st, I'll be in line to see it here in Japan.














This weekend, there'll be an Open House at the school and for the last 2 years, the English Club and myself presented a "Canada" display. This year, for a change, we're making it a SuperHero theme and we'll sell off my excess (unwanted) comics, LoSH toys and some Spidey-gummies that I picked up when home. Alas, due to copyright reasons, we can't show any of my DVDs to the public, so we'll have to make do with me acting out in silly ways.











Here are a few of the goodies I've collected over the years. I don't think I'll be selling them unless I can get a huge profit. I like them too much.

These Marvel SuperHero cards came with a stick of gum. I gave the gum away to my students, guess what I kept for me. It's been ages since I read any Marvel. Does anyone have insight as to who has done the art for these?

















































I found this mashed up Spidey-Bearbrick strap in a gimmick shop called Rock Your World downtown.










I love his cute little Spidey-teddybear!
















This Carnage was part of a set of Spideys in a Capsule. I sold the others in Toronto, this one was a double.












Kubricks are incredibly hot here in Japan. Though I'm unfamiliar with Blue Costume Spider-man.














A Spidey-Bearbrick.

















And a Bat-Bearbrick.

















I got this Spidey-whistle at a festival last spring. If you fill it with soap, you can blow bubbles!














Finally, is this Spidey-ball that a coworker brought me back from Universal Studios Osaka (in exchange for several DVDs I lent her daughters.) I hope to try it out on Saturday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails