2007-12-26

If There Is Not Treasure, I Take Your Heart!

This was the logo on the poster from this event. We held it last Sunday from 7-10 and it went off without a hitch (well, a few hitches did occur, the Sound Recording is fubar for example.)

It started off with Alwida singing her little heart out and I preferred her performance that night to when I saw her last.

Destiny were great, a bunch of young kids with fluent English and the vocalist has a terrific range.

While DJ Mixture spun, a couple of disco dancers strutted their stuff, to the great delight of the crowd.













Spiral sang several mellow folky staples, but this was the first time I've heard Stairway To Heaven done Bossa Nova style!










Santa & his トナカイ (tonakai=reindeer) collected toys from the masses, but to be honest, it was a VERY disappointing collection. 80% of the toys were provided by me and a buddy from 305 (another UFO catch maniac.) There were some nice toys though, including 2 expensive remote-control cars. There were some Celebs who paid for a premium ticket, but I didn't see them donate anything. Oh well, maybe next time.


Elvis sang with his band, The 70's Kings and he was excellent. He really knew how to get the crowd hopping and Santa & the Reindeer twisted the night away.










According to Elvis, My Way is a Christmas song...who knew? But Santa got to dance with Akemi, which was nice.










They had an elaborate back story, where Santa presents the presents to the Captain of the pirates. Much to the surprise of the hostess and Captain, I sang a few tunes (Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas) to tremendous appreciation by the crowd.





After tidying up, everyone gathered at a restaurant and for some reason, as soon as the event expired, my colitis decided to flare up. I joined them for an hour or two, but skipped out early and went home. Fortunately my health improved the next day. The high point of my entire year took place when everyone there (about 50 musicians and staff, Dave, Dom & Adam) sang Happy Birthday to me. It was the first time that I have had HB sung to me in a bar (Ernie's didn't count...I commissioned it.) I left a very contented fellow.

For a change, I'm not going to bother with posting a whole bunch of photos (I'm actually running low on the allotted photo space provided by Blogger), so I'm linking to a Flickr account. Enjoy the pics.

See you at the next Pirated event...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails