2007-12-07

Tora, Tora, Tora!


Today is the 66th anniversary of the infamous attack on Pearl Harbour. I'm not going to weigh in on it except to mention that I just saw an ad for the movie on my movie channel. They loves their war movies over here...















The title is made up of the code-words that were used by the Japanese to indicate that complete surprise was achieved (虎 tora is Japanese for "tiger", but in this case, "To" is the initial syllable of the Japanese word 突撃 totsugeki, meaning "charge" or "attack", and "ra" is initial syllable of 雷撃 raigeki, meaning "torpedo attack"). (From Wiki.)












I haven't posted any propaganda comic covers in a while. As always, they're courtesy of the fine folks at GCD and I think these are my first Wonder Woman covers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails