2009-01-22

Barrack-uda!


I thought I'd wax eloquently about the new Prez but there are others who are better equipped to do so (this guy for example.) Suffice to say, I'm happy. I discovered a book of his speeches that have been translated into Japanese from which I plan to scam some lessons. I've already used a lesson on BUSHISMS and how my students can become smarter than a US President, it'll be nice to talk about an intelligent President for a change.
(btw, I scammed this photo of the Inauguration from Popular Science!)


While overhearing some 10-year olds talk about Barack/Balack and not sure if they were praising him or making fun of him, the song Barracuda by Heart popped into my head and I will be surprised if this tune doesn't get more airplay now.



Then while cruising the YouTube for the above tune, I came across this jivey/funky/wacky tune by 羽鳥 美保 (Miho Hatori) also called Barracuda.



She belongs to a group called Cibo Matto (with some guy named Sean Ono Lennon who have a cool-sounding tune called SciFi Wasabi but you can listen to it yourself and decide if it is cool or not...



I've decided that I don't particularly care for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made it
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=tU9Y4kNMkj4
Check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails