I know I'm a day late, but yesterday was bad enough without adding the anniversary of John Lennon's untimely demise. I scammed these three questions from Mark Evanier's blog and thought I'd share my insight with you.
1. How I met John Lennon
2. Where I was thirty years ago today when I heard that John Lennon had been murdered
3. What John Lennon's music meant to my life
1. Erm, I saw Beatlemania at the O'Keefe Centre in the mid-80s. Does that count?
2. In 1980, I was living in a 6-man suite in East Residence at the University of Guelph. Blair, Pat & I were watching TV while consuming beers and possibly engaging in some illicit smoking. John came back from the library in shock and proclaimed, "Did you hear that John Lennon has been shot?" We replied in relative unison and said, "Yeah, we just saw that on Quincy." Sober John was not amused and I think we regretted our flippant answer the next day.
3. The Beatle's make up the majority of my repetoire at Karaoke, especially when I am changing their lyrics to accommodate a patron's name (Let It Be is so easy...it becomes, Manami, Hitomi, Megumi...) I must admit that I do a kickass version of Imagine.
My favourite PowerPuff Girls episode:
Anywho, yesterday was also a birthday for my dead friend Ed (aka Edge) and add that to a 5-hour session of apologising (Don't Ask.) and Dec. 8th was not a great day.
On the other hand, today was great! The threatened rain did not strike and I even got a few nice sunset pics. I got to sing several Christmas Carols, taught the kiddies Rudolph and played Xmas bingo.